Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Training Update

9/11 - Did Leg weights (Squats, bulgarians, deadlifts after leg curl and extension warm ups as well as core).  Then I took to the bike and pounded through 16.48miles in 52 minutes.  Legs felt fine throughout, and glad to see my fitness is maintaining if not improving (my speeds and wattage is increasing with decreasing perceived effort)

9/12 - Long bike ride - 28 miles in just under an hour and a half.  My speed was 0.5mph faster on average than the previous day.  Legs felt smoked afterwords, probably a build up from the leg work out yesterday - esp. glutes/hams

9/13 - Back workout (pull-ups, rows, plus biceps and core) followed by a 1 hour 20.50mile ride on the stationary bike.  A full 1 mph faster on average than on 9/12.

9/14, 9/15 - Took 2 rest days, legs were feeling a bit tired after a week of 105.35 miles, albeit on the bike. I continued to do my leg exercises (stretches, stair lifts) with minimal discomfort.  Was feeling good enough to run by 9/15 but thought better of it.  I am planning on 1 more week of strict bike, and look to do a short run on the weekend followed by a mix of run/bike the following week assuming my achilles twinge is gone.  From there I will slowly ramp up the running.

9/16 - Started with Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, followed by a 16.2 mile ride in 48:33 (20.05mph).  Felt good.  By the end of the day my abs were stiff as I had added a bit of weight to my leg lifts and decline curls.

9/17 - Long ride this morning of 30.64 miles in 1:33:02 (19.76mph) which was faster than my previous long rides with little change on perceived effort.  A sign I am getting stronger.

Last night I also finished Relentless Forward Progress (which I will review at some point this week).

I also breezed through Brendan Brazier's Thrive, which I picked up from the library (I was disappointed after much build up, will also review),

and next up are What I talk about when I talk about Running, also from the Library,

and Killian Jornet's book (very excited to read this).

I have also been watching a ton of Sage Canaday's videos and reading his blog, which you can find here. (sagecanaday.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment