Friday, September 6, 2013

Tendonitis Improving

Returned from physio today, following a full treatment including acupuncture.  Physio was impressed with my rapid healing, gave me some additional strengthening exercises.  I am optimistic that I will be able to run in 7-10 days, as long as I continue on the same trajectory.  Early morning today was a pull workout (back, traps, biceps) with some core work, then an 18 mile stationary bike ride that took ~55mins.  Felt a small amount of fatigue in my quads at the beginning of the ride, but things went better after that.  Legs were likely recovering from the 28.40 mile ride yesterday that took 90 mins, plus the leg weights day from Wednesday.  Nevertheless, I feel like I am maintaining my fitness, but itching to get off the bike and onto a run.

Picked up a couple of books from Amazon, namely Relentless Forward Progress, as well as Kilian Jornet's book, Run or Die.

I will do a review once I have finished them both, but excited to get into them.  Also, I was looking at Stridebox - figured it could help keep me motivated through the pending cold months.

That's it for today.  Happy trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment