Monday, September 9, 2013

Lesson Learned

Well, the run yesterday was evidently a poor idea, even though it felt fine for much of it, if not great.  Today the feeling is back, not pain per say, but some soreness.  Back to rest and no running, probably at least 2 if not 4 weeks now, with my stretching and strengthening exercises.  Bummer.

Today's workout was a push upper body (chest, shoulders, triceps) along with some core work.  That was followed by a 40 minute stationary bike ride pushing me through a little over 12.5 miles.  All in all felt fine.  Stretched, strengthening exercises and ice afterwords.

Diet and nutrition is on track, with my continued gradually leaning up to get me ready for next spring. Energy levels remain high.  I will get into this a bit more as we go, but I moved to a 100% plant-based diet about 2 months ago, with the 4-6 months before that being probably 80-90% plant based.  Haven't looked back.  I am not a fan of the Vegan label, but people ask, and certainly I am on that trajectory.

Happy Trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment