Monday, September 2, 2013

Rehab Update

Cycled for 45 mins yesterday clocking ~15 miles, at a fairly decent clip.  Didn't have my heart rate monitor on but the pace felt like a Zone 2 effort as I was pumping out 103+ revs/min with ~150 watt output.  Achilles felt fine after words.

Today I can feel it a little bit more than over the past few days.  Still continuing with heat, stretching and ice 3 times a day.  Walked around a bit with the family this morning before the rain came, and felt fine.  Plan for this week is 4-5 cycling sessions with 3 at 45ish mins and one at 75ish mins.  I will also try to get another physio/acupuncture treatment in this week, but it is pretty expensive.  I am hopeful that I will be back on the road in another 1-2 weeks.  I am trying to maintain my fitness that I had begun to build up.  Still a long way from where I want to be, but no real planned races until a 50k in April and a 50mi in May as part of the Ontario Ultra Series (http://www.ouser.org/index.html) which will be my first official foray into ultra distance races.  I am itching to get out and get on some trails to build up my trail experience, which has been severely lacking, more out of access than desire (closest trails of any decent length are 15-30 mins away from our house).

Nutrition is still going well.  I transitioned to 100%ish plant based diet about six weeks ago and I have had good positive effects (I will share more detail on this as we go).  Suffice it to say that I feel more energy, long runs had been great and I am slimming out a bit which is just great for the spring racing season.

Happy trails, stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment