Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Acel Sport Compression Sock review

I admit. I am a small sock guy. I am out on the roads or trails in ankle socks. If I could get away with barefoot I would, but that has leg to blisters and nasty feet. I have however, for the past 12 months or so, used compression calf sleeves post workout on hard days for recovery and have found them useful. So when Acel Sport reached out to me through Instagram, I said sure, would love to try their compression socks. Full disclosure, Acel Sport provided a sample free of charge, but did not require a review, positive or negative. As always, I will try to keep the review balanced. My workout this morning was a 45 minute treadmill run, with some steady state work as well as max effort repeats. I don't love the treadmill, but I am travelling this week and Edmonton is pretty snowy and cold, which I don't mind, but my light packing left me little room for more than some shorts and Hokas (Clifton 3 - review coming soon!). I took the opportunity to give the socks a test drive. Fit - socks are sized based on shoe size and calf circumference. I found that they fit snuggly, felt generally comfortable, with no real tight spots. My feet and calves felt supported and overall great. Length was fine, sitting just below the knee. Ride/feel in action - Once I got moving, I didn't notice anything different, positive or negative. Having said that, post activity, my calves felt less tight than usual for a workout with this pacing/effort. Perhaps it was the socks? My only complaint is that I found them very hot, especially in my shoes/the foot portion. Like really hot. I would be concerned in a long ultra in the summer months, or if they got wet. Price/overall impression: Obviously these were free, however their pricing on their website is pretty reasonable for compression wear. I would use these again, however I would likely use these for recovery. I could consider a calf sleeve only as I could pair these with socks that I have found to work for long efforts. I would encourage you to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment